Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Can September get better before it ends?

I'm so hoping it does.  I went to my first WW meeting in over a month.  I thought I would have gained but I actually lost 3.4 pounds.  Boy was I shocked.  I guess subconsciously I'm still with the program.  I'm trying very hard this week to stay on the program.  Hope next Monday there will be another drop in the scale.  Now if only I would get downstairs on the treadmill or elliptical, now that would help the matter.

My mom called yesterday and left me a message at work asking me to call her and than thanking me at the the end of the message.  I thought that was really weird.  So I call her back and she asks if I have a dermatologist.  I tell her yes and she wants the name and number.  I'm like Mom did you get some news back you want to share with me?  "Oh yeah it came back positive.  I have skin cancer on my nose."  She's like it's no big deal.  I just sat at my desk shacking my head.  Only my Mom could think skin cancer was "no big deal".  Gram had skin cancer on her nose and check.  I guess Mom knew she had this spot for over 2 years and is just now getting it taken care tested.  So times I just don't get parents.  They get after you if you don't take care of yourself then they don't take care of themselves.  I'll be keeping a closer eye on her from now on.

Work is still dicey.  Never know from one day to the next if we'll have a job or not (or if the company will be able to meet payroll).  Guess I'll just keep showing up until they can't but if I was smart I'd be finding my resume and updating it.  Jobs aren't a plenty around here so it could take a while to find another one.  With "R" self employed, I'm responsible for our health insurance.  So not having a job is not an option. 

So good that I lost weight.  I just have to keep that in mind as a positive for September.


No comments:

Post a Comment