Monday, February 7, 2011

Very Domestic Weekend

I was feeling very domestic this weekend. I baked homemade bread. Kneading the dough and watching it rise. Punching it down and arranging it in the loaf pans. Smelling it as it baked. Yummy. We managed to eat one whole loaf that evening.

Sunday I made Chocolate chip cookies from scratch. I have never been one to make things from a box but I've become lazy when it comes to brownies. It is just easy to open that box, add an egg, some oil and water and like magic brownies. But they are never as good as when I make them from scratch.

I didn't use the Nestle Toll House recipe when I made the cookies this time. I purchased a cookbook at a garage sale over the summer. I love old cook books. This one was published in 1963 (older than me). So this is were I got the bread recipe and the cookie recipe. Both are out of this world wonderful. Husband even said the cookies were better with this recipe.

I did get a spanking later in the evening. Not for anything I did wrong, I think it was more of a Thank you for all my hard work in the kitchen. Maybe I'll have to spend more time with this cookbook and see if I get the same results.

No comments:

Post a Comment