Thursday, February 23, 2012

Work Rant

So my company had a meeting yesterday at a brewery.  Which is nice if you like beer (I don't).  But over the last couple of years, the company has also laid off (such an over used term) the older people and hired much younger people.  So as I sat in the meeting yesterday, 2 young 5' 5" 20 somethings, that couldn't weight more than 110 lbs a piece (and yes this is relevant) sat in front of me. 

As the President of our company got up to talk, he joked about "the more you drink the better this will be".  I didn't think it was very funny.  Knowing that every person sitting in that room had to get into a car after the meeting.  

In a hour and half the two girls in from of me, drank 4 beers a piece. There is no way their were under the legal limit to get behind the wheel of a car to drive.  And those are just the beers they drank during the meeting, we were there an hour before the meeting started, so who knows how many they had in that hour.  I didn't watch the news last night, so I don't know if they killed anyone when they drove home or back to work, if they had to come back here.  Or got pulled over for a DUI.  Yes, I'm writing this from my work computer because I felt so strongly about it I couldn't wait until I got home to get it off my chest.  I did say something to my boss as we were leaving the place yesterday, how I didn't think they should be driving.  She said maybe they rode with someone.  I don't think they did. 

I don't drink very much.  In fact, I had 1/2 a glass of wine and then switched to water yesterday.  I won't let R drink and drive, even with 2 beers and at 6' tall - I drive. 

You would think with all the companies that got sued back in the 80's and 90's from their employees getting drunk at company parties, mine would have a clue but I guess not.  Stupid Stupid Stupid

No comments:

Post a Comment