Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dad

My Dad is not feeling well. He's been sick for over a year now. They know some of the things that are wrong but lately he has been having trouble breathing. They say there is not blood clots in his lungs but something is wrong. I'm very worried about him but there is nothing I can do but talk with Mom and Dad. I've talked with his main doctor (she happens to be mine also) so I think I'm going to call her again and talk with her. Something needs to be done to find out what is going on with him.

He has a very rare disease that they are treating but the medicine he is on causes his glaucoma pressure too go up. His had 3 eye surgery's in the last year and they don't seem to be helping. He can barely walk and has spells were he doesn't remember anything. Spells where he can't walk because he is dizzy and he runs into the walls, can't stand up. Mom is afraid to leave him alone for any length of time.

He was in the emergency room Friday afternoon but they sent him home even though the doctor had admit orders for him. I'm hoping that the doctor will be ticked at the emergency room doctor for sending him home and chew his ass. He needs to be in the hospital so they can run tests and find out what is wrong with him.

I don't want to lose my dad and if things keep up the way they are going, I'm going to lose him. He is only 76 years young. I want him around for a long time. He may be an ass sometimes but he's my dad and I love him regardless.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand you don't want to lose your dad and you want him around for a long time. Good luck.

    The father-daughter relationship is very special.

    FD

    ReplyDelete