Sunday, August 7, 2011

Feeling frustrated

So am I wrong to be frustrated that we got stood up last night? I feel like I do when I let me sister do her "Let me get back to you". Pissed that they didn't have the curtsy to call and say we're not going to make it. We show up where were suppose to meet and they never do. We stay for a while and then leave. Their excuses they send today - "having such a good time, lost track of time and he got me plastered". I'm sorry but those are not except-able excuses to me. You made plans with us and didn't bother to show up.

I know that I should let it get to me but it pisses me off. I'm not letting anyone treat me that way again. I put up with my sister doing that to me for over 10 years before I finally said enough and now I don't invite her to do anything. And what a change it made in my life. No more worrying over whether she'll show up or not. Even when I already knew the answer would be she wouldn't.

Just frustrated. I don't want to talk to either of them today. Maybe I will feel differently tomorrow. R said we shouldn't depend on them and we should have made other plans just in case. I was tired of "make just in case plans" and thought we had found dependable friends. Stupid me.

1 comment:

  1. I think people in general are less considerate of others these days. It's an age of instant communication, and less face to face skills. I'm sorry they didn't bother to show up. You need some real friends.

    ReplyDelete