Friday, May 20, 2011

The Dye Job

So I dyed my hair Saturday morning while R was out of town. He kept pointing out the few gray hairs I had in my hair, so I thought fine I'll get rid of them. I didn't want something drastic or noticeable just something to cover the few gray hairs.

Now I have never dyed my hair before, back in the early 80's when "frosting" was all the thing, I did have that done. So dying my hair was a new experience for me. Boy it is messy and smelly. Ruined a towel from the dye. Rubbed this form into my dry hair and then had to let it set for 25 minutes. What are you suppose to do for 25 minutes with dye in your hair? If it touches anything it will turn it whatever color you are dying your hair. So I'm walking around the house naked for 25 minutes, the cats don't even want anything to do with me because I stink.

Finally I get to rinse my hair out, I decide the kitchen sink is the best place to do this, as I don't want this dye in the shower or on the rest of my body. The little that got in the bathroom sink was a bitch to get clean. Hair rinsed (and I have a lot of it- it's very long, down to the middle of my thighs). I can finally shower and see what it's going to look like.

I'm a little shocked when I look in the mirror, my hair looks black. My hair is dark brown. But it doesn't look bad. I dry it a little with the hair dryer and go meet my Mom. She doesn't even notice. I finally have to tell her. She says it looks great.

R gets home late Saturday afternoon, I know he is tired. He doesn't say anything. Nothing all day Sunday. Finally Sunday night while I'm getting ready for bed, I ask him, do you notice anything different about me?

R says , "No."

I tell him I colored my hair.

R says, "Why'd you do that? You didn't have that many gray hairs."

I really wanted to smack him at this point. He was the one the kept pointing them out to me.

Men!

No comments:

Post a Comment