Monday, October 17, 2011

A cat like weekend

I was a cat this weekend.  I was lazy.  I lounged around the house.  I didn't leave the house - okay I stepped outside the house to get the cats in and to help "R" hang up the sheets and towels on the line.  But I was very cat like this weekend. 

With the layoffs at work on Monday, I just wanted to wallow in self pity.  Why them and not me?  Then I didn't want to think at all, I just wanted to lay in the sun beams with the cats (yes, they did share them with me). 

I spent most of the weekend laying around reading with a cat on me.  I think they knew I needed comforting.  She would just look at me, blink her beautiful gold eyes and purr.  Then she'd start working her very sharp claws into my arms, stomach, legs or whatever she happened to have her front paws on at the time.  Yes, she really loves me. 

Thankfully "R" understood my need to just "BE".  And he was able to handle taking care of himself before we married and hasn't forgotten how to do those things so he was able to find the wash machine and do the laundry this weekend.  Granted the rest of the house didn't get cleaned but a quick vacuum is all it needs. 

I might the rest of his needs (I'm sure you can figure those out for yourself).  LOL  And I think that is also why he left me be a lazy cat this weekend.  Oh, and I did fix him a big breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast Sunday morning.  Guess this cat was hungry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment