Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Ramblings

It was a beautiful weekend here.  The weather was nice enough to still hang the sheets out on the line.  There is nothing better than line dried sheets.  They smell so good, just want to hold them up to my nose and inhale as long as I can to keep the scent fresh in my mind. 

We took my car in Friday night for normal maintenance and an oil change.  I not sure how that all added up to $450 but dang so glad we have 90 days same as cash.  R doesn't allow any amount to stay on a credit card if we will get finance charge.  This has really helped keep us out of debt.  It's sucked sometimes when I've really really wanted something but that's just it, I "wanted it" not "needed it".  He's never denied me something I needed (He's made me wait to get it - LOL).  So that was the only outing I had to make this weekend, to go pick up the car Saturday. 

Cleaned house and re-potted some plants.  We seem to be able to grow aloe vera plants.  I'll see if I can find a picture of when I first brought it home and I'll take one of it now.  It bloomed this summer.  My understanding is that they don't bloom very often.  I need to find some homes for all the baby aloe vera plants we have now.  I think last count was 22 and we just re-potted 4 more.  I don't want them to die but I'm running out of room for them. 

R decided I had been a good so I deserved a spanking.  It was wonderful.  He hadn't spanked me all week, maybe that was why I was in a funk or it could just be all the stress at work.  I'll have to mention that the spanking helped and maybe we'll talk again about maintenance spankings.  R still can't get over his ad-version to"hitting" me.  I know, I know it is not hitting but to him it is.  R grew up in a house hold that you never hit a female.  But he is working on it because he knows I want to be spanked - no I need to be spanked and he is the only one that I will let do it.  Plus R would never let anyone ever touch me so he said he would be the only one to spank me. 

Sunday was a lazy day but R was very happy I baked home made chocolate chip cookies.  When I bake it's not from a box (boxes are for storage and moving).  If I'm going to bake it's going to be from scratch,  That's how I grew up.  I can taste a box cake mix - heck I can smell it before I take a bite of it.  What is great about the chocolate chip cookies is that I make a double batch so I can put a gallon size bag in the freezer for later.  Warming them up in the microwave for 10 seconds, is like just taking them out of the oven.  Hot, gooey yummy.  Now I'm getting hungry for one.  :)

I think next weekend I'll make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from R's mothers recipe.  She had a great recipe that R loves.  He may have to work Saturday so it would be a great surprise for him when he got home.

Well, I'd better get back to work.  Yes, I'm blogging from work.   If they want me to do the job of 3 people then I'm going to take breaks to relieve the stress.  







 


No comments:

Post a Comment